You may think I am crazy by putting this title. You may be thinking, "There is no possible way to make vegetables taste good." They may be because you haven't tried different ways to prepare them! Not everyone likes steamed, boiled, or raw vegetables, but there are other ways of preparing them that can be very tasty. Here's a few tips:
1) Sauté the vegetables until tender in 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Sauté is not fried, so cook on low to medium heat. You can add salt, pepper, and whatever other herbs and spices you like. Try cutting up some zucchini, capsicum, and tomatoes and sautéing them in extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little bit of balsamic or apple cider vinegar.
2) Make a fancy salad. Don't put the white, creamy dressing on your salad, but go for a vinaigrette of some kind. Adding fruit, hard boiled eggs, and nuts to your salad make it super tasty!
3) Mix vegetables into your main dish. One thing that my wife and I do is mix quinoa, steamed broccoli, grilled chicken, and a little cheese with herbs and spices for a delicious casserole dish!
4) Put the vegetables in an curry of some kind. You should still only use around 2 tablespoons maximum of oil to make yourself a vegetable curry, but you can add all the spices and other stuff that you want to get those vegetables that you want. It the curry with just 1-2 roti or on 1 cupped handful of rice or other grain to make sure you are getting the health benefits without a ton of extra calories.
5) Grill the vegetables. You don't even have to add much to them besides maybe a tiny bit of oil and salt and pepper. The grill automatically gives the vegetables a ton of flavor.
Vegetables CAN be SUPER tasty if you are willing to take the time and effort to put them on your plate!